Taree Scholz

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Journey

As a young independent girl getting a job abroad is a considered as a blessed especially when your parent aren't rich enough to pay your vacation to other country and  not to mention the kind of job that most girls dream about, so i considered my self lucky !! Left Jakarta on 2002 to work for a completely different field of business in the country that has a major different than my own was such a big step for me. Being able to see the world and explored it persona was another reason why without thinking twice i grabbed this chances. The very best thing was i don't even have to pay a dime and on the contrary i even got paid !!! how fabulous is that ??




Jordan was the destination, the city of Amman was my second city to work and to live for couple of years before i finally met my now husband. This tiny 2,8 million of the country population was becoming my second home for 4years, i got to experienced lots of different culture and mentality from living in this country. First year i arrived, the city doesn't even have Carefour or Starbucks yet (two major brands one city should have as my opinion). A complete whole new  world for me in term of buildings, language, foods, and infra structure. The job i work for was also giving me the chances to learned about other cultures, local gestures, peoples habit etc .... and me as the young girls whose determination is conquering the world, was so thrilled for what i discovered back then.


Learning to live independently away from my comfort zone, leaving behind my family and friends wasn't easy for me either in the first year of my transition till one day i finally got use to it, wondering my self  'that here I'm reaching my dream and would i live my life under hesitation and for whatever holding me back??' hell no ... I live, I learned, and I make it !! I'm pretty much happy for what i achieved in my earliest days though, with this now i can tell the world about my journey on exploring the globe since not so many peoples been lucky like me... So Amman .... we're moving on ....


TS

No comments: